William L. Nagle has practiced law for over thirty six years. He has served as a full time Special Master and Mediator since 1995, successfully settling over 2,000 cases including high profile matters involving:
- complex environmental cases
- construction defect and mold cases involving courthouses, schools, subdivisions, condominiums, commercial high rises, and apartment buildings
- public works and public entities
- business and partnership disputes
- real estate and land use
Before becoming a Special Master, Mr. Nagle was a partner with Nagle, Vale, McDowall & Cotter in San Mateo and later with Nagle, Krug & Winters in Burlingame. During this time Mr. Nagle:
- Authored the rules for complex litigation (including the use of Special Masters) for San Mateo County in the early 1980's.
- Helped create the first complex litigation unit in California for a major insurance company in 1983.
- Served as President of the San Mateo County Bar Association in 1993.
- Has been instrumental in establishing ADR programs at both the county and state levels, including State Bar Roundtables and the San Mateo County Courts Multi-Option ADR Project.
- Served as a member of the San Mateo County Court Long-Term Strategic Planning Committee and numerous Bench Bar committees.
As an attorney, Mr. Nagle
spent more than two decades practicing insurance
defense trial law specializing in:
- personal injury
- complex litigation
- insurance coverage
- professional liability
- real estate
- public entity law
In addition, Mr. Nagle has received numerous
awards and accolades for his innovative approaches
and successful, cost-effective management and settlement
of complex cases.