William L. Nagle has practiced law for over forty years. He has served as a full time Special Master and Mediator since 1995, successfully settling over 4,500 cases including high profile matters involving:
- Complex environmental cases
- Construction defect and mold cases involving courthouses, schools, subdivisions, condominiums, hotels, single family homes, commercial high rises, and apartment buildings
- Public works and public entities
- Business and partnership disputes
- Real estate and land use
Before becoming a Special Master, Mr. Nagle was a partner with Nagle, Vale, McDowall & Cotter in San Mateo and later with Nagle, Krug & Winters in Burlingame. During this time Mr. Nagle:
- Authored the rules for complex litigation (including the use of Special Masters) for San Mateo County in the early 1980's.
- Helped create the first complex litigation unit in California for a major insurance company in 1983.
- Served as President of the San Mateo County Bar Association in 1993.
- Has been instrumental in establishing ADR programs at both the county and state levels, including State Bar Roundtables and the San Mateo County Courts Multi-Option ADR Project.
- Served as a member of the San Mateo County Court Long-Term Strategic Planning Committee and numerous Bench Bar committees.
As an attorney, Mr. Nagle spent more than two decades practicing insurance defense trial law specializing in:
- Aviation law
- Complex litigation
- Insurance coverage
- Professional liability
- Real estate
- Personal injury
- Public entity law